As the landscape of teaching and learning evolves, a familiar question persists - which assessment practices and approaches will best support our cohort of learners and how do we make assessment work for learning?
This webcast brings together experts in the further education space and evaluates effective methods to develop competency-based and authentic assessments. We’ll look at strategies to go beyond grades and explore evaluative thinking in the design of formative assessments as a method and process of evidence collection.
The session covers:
- Exploring approaches to humanise assessments, use cases and trends in further education
- Unpacking what makes for a robust assessment and what designing for authenticity entails
- Approaches to design competency-based assessments that support evidence collection
- Evaluative thinking in the design of Problem-based and project-based learning assessments to develop student skills and mindsets on given subject matter
- Practice-based examples on how to foster the critical thinking skills of learners in the context of continuous evaluation of their own practice
- Harnessing learning analytics and assessment data points to inform and support learning
- Technology enabled formative assessment practices
Who this session is for:
Educators and administrators in further education who are involved in the design and delivery of student assessment and seeking to strengthen their approach to competency-based and authentic teaching and learning practices.
*Please note that we cannot provide a certificate of attendance for regional events or webinars.